Fox Park Music Studio Lesson Information
Creating Life-Long Passion One Skill At A Time
Music is for everyone.
Fox Park Park Music Studio is dedicated to helping guide students in reaching their goals in music, developing both as fine musicians as well as helping build life skills and characteristics which promote success, such as self-discipline, goal-setting, problem-solving, learn delayed gratification, grit, perseverance, memory and concentration. Students from all ages, backgrounds and abilities are welcome in the studio and instruction is individualized to meet personal needs.
In order to ensure success, students under the age of 12 are required to have a parent attend the lesson and be the home teacher. Parent training is provided and parents are assisted along the way to help create both the environment and atmosphere in which learning and practicing is fun, effective and the most efficient use of tuition. The short-term result is a happier parent-child relationship and the long-term result is the development of talent which will carry through the child’s entire life.
Lessons are scheduled in 45 minute blocks. Whatever time not used with the child will be dedicated to teaching and helping the parent. In very special circumstances, lessons may be scheduled as either 30 minutes (i.e. for very young children) or 60 minutes (i.e. for intermediate / advanced students or siblings). Group & Studio Classes are scheduled Thursday evenings 6-7pm.
- Regular Attendance is expected at all scheduled Lessons, Groups, Classes & Performances.
- Students are encouraged to arrive a few minutes prior to their scheduled start time in order to prepare their instrument and music, listen to the preceding lesson, and get in an open frame of mind to learn.
- Late arrivals will be given the remainder of their lesson time.
- In case of inclement weather or illnesses where a student is able to play, the lesson will be scheduled at their regular time over Skype.
Missed / Canceled Lessons
- All lessons canceled by the teacher will be made up.
- Lessons canceled by the student will not be refunded, but the following conflicts will be offered make-ups: medical emergencies and concerts/competitions where the student is performing (if and only if notice is given at the beginning of the semester).
- Make-up lessons that are canceled by the student will not be rescheduled, refunded or credited.
- If a student comes to their lesson sick and/or running a fever, they will be sent home with no make-up
- Make-up lessons are contingent upon timely payment of tuition.
Summer 2018: May 29 – July 26 (9 weeks)
Tuition for the summer is pro-rated $49 per lesson or discounted to $405 for the full 9 weeks.
Extra lessons (over the 9 of the semester) are pro-rated at $45 per lesson.
The 2018-19 School Year will be divided into 3 semesters consisting of 11 lessons and a total of 14 Group/Studio classes and 3 recital performances.
Tuition for each semester will be $600.
Parents wishing to sign their children up for lessons need to first attend parent training classes, which are $100 per month and consist of 8 one-hour classes for piano and 12 one-hour classes for violin. Violin parents will need to rent a full size violin for a minimum of two months ($20/month), which, depending upon the shop from which the violin is rented, may be exchanged for the fractional size instrument for the child.
Withdrawals & Refunds
Written notice a minimum of two weeks in advance is required if a student/parent decides to withdraw from the studio before the end of the semester. A $35 processing fee will be charged on refunds of tuition. Refunds are not given in any other circumstance.